Communications & Media Relations Associate, Energy Equity & Climate
Dialogue Collaborative, a project of the Georgia Alliance Education Fund, is seeking a highly motivated individual passionate about amplifying the importance of climate equity in Georgia. This individual will work to combat mis- and disinformation and uplift progressive values through research, marketing, storytelling, art, and graphic design, focusing on climate equity. As a Communications Associate specializing in climate equity, you will be crucial in raising awareness about the intersectionality of climate change and social justice while championing eﬀorts to build a more equitable and resilient Georgia.
About Dialogue Collaborative
Dialogue is a conversation that lives in the center, not sides. It welcomes us to think and learn together, beyond polarized viewpoints and narrowed opinions, to exist in a space of civility and equality. Dialogue Collaborative aims to create spaces that empower and inform to strengthen democracy and increase civic engagement and voter participation. Dialogue Collaborative seeks to bridge the participation gap in civic engagement through fact-based education and research with strategic, creative, and integrative communications strategies.
- Have or are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree (Graduation date in 2023 or 2024 accepted) in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism/Media or any other communications-related ﬁeld
- Proven experience in communications, with a demonstrated focus on climate change, environmental justice, and/or social equity issues
- Understanding of climate equity challenges and a passion for addressing environmental injustices faced by marginalized communities
- Knowledge of current trends, challenges, and opportunities related to climate change and equity
- A working knowledge of social media platforms, practices, and usage
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Research experience
- Proﬁcient with Microsoft Oﬃce and Google Suite
We are seeking someone that:
- is detail-oriented, speciﬁcally with projects that may require rapid response or quick turnaround;
- is able to understand complex issues and has the ability to recreate that content into user-friendly messages;
- is comfortable working in a ﬂexible, fast-paced, dynamic environment where changes in external factors can create new opportunities and challenges to existing strategies;
- is a political junkie;
- is a creative thinker and resourceful problem solver;
- is ﬂexible in dealing with changing priorities and deadlines
This individual will implement strategies related to our climate equity programs and initiatives with the Communications Director and the Dialogue Collaborative team.
- Develop and curate compelling content, including articles, blog posts, press releases, social media posts, and multimedia materials, highlighting climate equity’s importance.
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, media outlets, and inﬂuencers to secure media coverage on climate equity topics.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to translate complex climate and environmental issues into accessible and engaging materials for diverse audiences.
- Independently prioritize and keep track of multiple simultaneous time-sensitive projects across the Department and proactively communicate project updates to the Communications Director.
- Monitor and track all forms of media for organization and partner advocacy groups, particularly those with a focus on climate equity.
- Measure and analyze the eﬀectiveness of communication eﬀorts and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Draft memos, updates, newsletters, talking points, bulletins, and other material that provides concise, practical, timely information to internal and external audiences.
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events.
- Screen phone calls from interested media and external groups.
- Assist with mailings and print production.
- Create interview preparation materials.
- Create and/or update our databases and compile contact lists as appropriate.
- Represent the organization at events, conferences, and public forums to promote climate equity principles and increase visibility.
Compensation and Time Commitment
Reports to: Research Associate
Based in: Atlanta, GA (this is a hybrid remote/in-person position)
Start date: Immediately
Travel: Some in-state and national travel may be required
Salary: $57,000 annually
Beneﬁts: Medical & dental insurance; generous paid time oﬀ policy that includes holidays, annual leave and sick leave
To apply please submit a CV, cover letter and any relevant links to previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you submit this application, we will then contact you with instructions to submit a writing sample following our guidelines.
Progress Georgia celebrates our differences. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Women and Persons of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.