Digital Communications Associate
Progress Georgia seeks a full-time Digital Communications Associate to support our growing communications team in creating, building and implementing an integrated digital communications strategy that advances the organization’s mission of guiding the media narrative of Georgia’s progressive political movement. The Digital Communications Associate will work closely with the Digital Communications Manager, department staff and partner organizations to uplift the work of the grassroots coalitions Progress Georgia partners with.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, art, political science, journalism/media, communications, media, marketing or any other communications related ﬁeld.
- At least two years of relevant digital communications experience, including serving movement organizations, nonproﬁts, and foundations.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel. This position is not remote as it may require some travel.
- Portfolio highlighting ability to produce creative and high quality graphic designs and digital media;
- Advanced proﬁciency with the full Adobe CC Suite (especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), Microsoft Oﬃce, Google Suite, as well as related design/content software (Canva, etc.);
- Flexibility to work on some evenings and weekends
We are seeking someone that:
- Is proﬁcient at managing their own projects and workload while meeting proposed deadlines;
- Is able to work collaboratively and communicate eﬀectively across multiple organizations, teams, and vendors while incorporating their feedback into deliverables;
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Is detail-oriented speciﬁcally with projects that may require rapid response or quick turnaround;
- Exhibits a strong interest in progressive political communications;
- Is committed to social justice;
- Is comfortable on camera;
- Is a creative thinker and resourceful problem solver;
- Has experience working in Georgia (or within the South) strongly preferred;
- Has advanced knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals;
- Has a compelling portfolio of graphic design work.
- Help draft written materials ranging from newsletters, scripts, talking points, social media content, paid ads and more.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking news and compiling daily news clips.
- Own and report on KPIs across social media platforms to identify actionable insights and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead content creation and tackle new channels and content formats, with a strong focus on video (e.g. Reels, TikTok, Youtube).
- Distill complex topics into easily digestible pieces for a general audience with assistance from experts and feedback from creative leads and stakeholders.
- Closely monitor key trends and best practices for social media and content creation, identifying and championing areas of opportunity for the brand.
- Assist in designing impressive print and digital materials, including but not limited to social media, paid ads, presentations, newsletters, website content, merchandise and other collateral in a timely and often rapid manner.
- Maintain consistency across channels, ensuring all projects align with the Progress Georgia brand strategy, voice, and creative vision.
- Assist the Digital Communications Manager in building a network of graphic designers, video editors, printers and other asset producers to support design work with a focus on cultivating southern and BIPOC designers and networks.
- Help manage and update the organization’s online presence, including all websites, social media, and SEO.
- Experience in video editing and/or creating basic motion graphics is a plus.
- Build relationships and rapport with partners, inﬂuencers, and storytellers to uplift the work of the grassroots coalitions Progress Georgia partners with.
- Other duties as assigned by the Digital Communications Manager.
Compensation and Time Commitment
Compensation, benefits and other need-to-know information: Reports to: Digital Communications Manager
Based in: Atlanta, GA (this is not a remote position)
Start date: Immediately
Travel: Some in-state and national travel may be required
Salary: $57,000-$60,000 annually based on experience
Benefits: Medical & dental insurance; generous paid time off policy that includes holidays, annual leave and sick leave
To apply please submit a CV, cover letter and any relevant links to previous work to email@example.com. Once you submit this application, we will then contact you with instructions to submit a writing sample following our guidelines.
Progress Georgia celebrates our differences. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Women and Persons of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.