Digital Media & Storytelling Organizer (Georgia Chattahoochee Valley)
Progress Georgia is looking for a talented organizer to join our team and help us build a new digital organizing and storytelling program. The ideal candidate will be ready to hit the ground running to support an organic content distribution and community storytelling project in partnership with our national organization, ProgressNow, and a cohort of state affiliates. This is a full-time, hybrid position funded for 12 months with the potential to extend the position for an additional two years, depending on strong program performance in the first year.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable mode of transportation, and the ability to travel. This position is not remote, as it may require some travel.
- Reside full-time in one of the following Georgia counties: Chattahoochee, Clay, Harris, Heard, Marion, Meriwether, Muscogee, Quitman, Randolph, Schley, Stewart, Sumter, Talbot, Troup, or Webster.
- Flexibility to work on some evenings and weekends.
We are seeking someone that:
- Has at least two years of experience in digital organizing, organizing, campaigns, and/or advocacy roles
- Has a demonstrated commitment to racial, economic, and social justice values
- Has creativity and flexibility to problem solve and engage in finding solutions around obstacles
- Has a passion for experimentation and building new programs
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and is proficient at managing their own projects and workload while managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Is detail-oriented, specifically with projects that may require rapid response or quick turnaround
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to maintain organizational voice and tone
- Demonstrated experience and a deep understanding of various social media platforms, their nuances, and best practices
- Familiarity in content creation, graphic design, and video editing tools to produce visually compelling and engaging content
- Exhibits a strong interest in progressive political communications
- Experience working in Georgia (or within the South) is strongly preferred
- Personable, eager to meet and interact with new people of different cultural/social backgrounds regularly
- Develop and curate compelling content, including articles, blog posts, press releases, social media posts, and multimedia materials, highlighting climate equity’s importance.
- Cultivate relationships with journalists, media outlets, and inﬂuencers to secure media coverage on climate equity topics.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to translate complex climate and environmental issues into accessible and engaging materials for diverse audiences.
- Independently prioritize and keep track of multiple simultaneous time-sensitive projects across the Department and proactively communicate project updates to the Communications Director.
- Monitor and track all forms of media for organization and partner advocacy groups, particularly those with a focus on climate equity.
- Measure and analyze the eﬀectiveness of communication eﬀorts and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Draft memos, updates, newsletters, talking points, bulletins, and other material that provides concise, practical, timely information to internal and external audiences.
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events.
- Screen phone calls from interested media and external groups.
- Assist with mailings and print production.
- Create interview preparation materials.
- Create and/or update our databases and compile contact lists as appropriate.
- Represent the organization at events, conferences, and public forums to promote climate equity principles and increase visibility.
- Ensure Progress Georgia’s message and strategic priorities are reflected in the content shared through the program
Compensation and Time Commitment
Compensation, benefits, and other need-to-know information:
Reports to: Digital Organizing Director
Based in: Hybrid based in multiple cities in Georgia
Start date: Immediately
Travel: Some in-state and national travel may be required
Salary: $57,000 annually
Benefits: Medical & dental insurance; generous paid time off policy that includes holidays, annual leave and sick leave
To apply please submit a CV, cover letter and any relevant links to previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you submit this application, we will then contact you with instructions to submit a writing sample following our guidelines.
Progress Georgia celebrates our differences. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Women and Persons of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.