Digital Media & Storytelling Organizer (Southwest Georgia)
Progress Georgia is looking for a talented organizer to join our team and help us build a new digital organizing and storytelling program. The ideal candidate will be ready to hit the ground running to support an organic content distribution and community storytelling project in partnership with our national organization, ProgressNow, and a cohort of state affiliates. This is a full-time, hybrid position funded for 12 months with the potential to extend the position for an additional two years, depending on strong program performance in the first year.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable mode of transportation, and the ability to travel. This position is not remote, as it may require some travel.
- Reside full-time in one of the following Georgia counties: Atkinson, Baker, Ben Hill, Berrien, Calhoun, Clinch, Coffee, Colquitt, Cook, Crisp, Decatur, Dougherty, Early, Echols, Grady, Irwin, Lanier, Lee, Miller, Mitchell, Seminole, Terrell, Tift, Turner, or Worth.
- Flexibility to work on some evenings and weekends.
We are seeking someone that:
- Has at least two years of experience in digital organizing, organizing, campaigns, and/or advocacy roles
- Has a demonstrated commitment to racial, economic, and social justice values
- Has creativity and flexibility to problem solve and engage in finding solutions around obstacles
- Has a passion for experimentation and building new programs
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and is proficient at managing their own projects and workload while managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Is detail-oriented, specifically with projects that may require rapid response or quick turnaround
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to maintain organizational voice and tone
- Demonstrated experience and a deep understanding of various social media platforms, their nuances, and best practices
- Familiarity in content creation, graphic design, and video editing tools to produce visually compelling and engaging content
- Exhibits a strong interest in progressive political communications
- Experience working in Georgia (or within the South) is strongly preferred
- Personable, eager to meet and interact with new people of different cultural/social backgrounds regularly
- As a Digital Media & Storytelling Organizer, you will play a crucial role in enhancing our online storytelling platform’s presence, engaging with local community members, and driving issue awareness across various social media platforms
- Skilled in storytelling techniques to craft compelling narratives, enhancing issue-based messaging, and fostering meaningful connections with target audiences
- Develop engaging and shareable social media content, including posts, images, videos, and infographics, that uplifts messaging, issues, and talking points in alignment with our project objectives
- Foster positive relationships with our online community and address inquiries or issues effectively while monitoring and responding to comments, messages, and mentions on social media platforms (when necessary) in a timely and professional manner
- Utilize social media management tools to schedule and publish content across different platforms, ensuring consistent and strategic posting
- Analyze social media performance metrics and provide regular reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) to track the success of digital campaigns and identify areas for improvement
- Stay abreast of local news and community concerns
- Develop and maintain relationships with local community leaders, elected officials, activists, and volunteers to move them into a ladder of engagement
- Attend in-person events and assist in identifying and cultivating networks of advocates, activists, and relevant micro-influencers to expand our reach, foster partnerships, and share compelling online content
- Own the implementation of the organic content distribution program at Progress Georgia and partner with staff to ensure the program is incorporated into strategic plans and goals
- Ensure Progress Georgia’s message and strategic priorities are reflected in the content shared through the program
Compensation and Time Commitment
About Progress Georgia
Progress Georgia works to uplift the values and voices of the progressive movement across Georgia by elevating the issues that matter most to our communities on the ground. We use cutting-edge media strategies across a variety of traditional and new media platforms to increase awareness about Georgia’s progressive priorities. Learn more about us at www.progressga.org.
Compensation, benefits, and other need-to-know information:
Reports to: Digital Organizing Director
Based in: Hybrid based in multiple cities in Georgia
Start date: Immediately
Travel: Some in-state and national travel may be required
Salary: $57,000 annually
Benefits: Medical & dental insurance; generous paid time off policy that includes holidays, annual leave and sick leave
To apply, please submit a cover letter, and resume with three professional references to email@example.com. E-mails should reference “PGA Digital Organizer” in the subject line. Applications will be considered as they are received.
Progress Georgia celebrates our differences. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Women and Persons of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.