Progress Georgia seeks a full-time Disinformation Coordinator to support our growing research team with finding information, monitoring and combating mis- and disinformation, expanding our reach, and developing new research strategies that can advance the organization’s mission of guiding the media narrative of Georgia’s progressive political movement. The Disinformation Coordinator will work closely with the Research Manager, department and organizational staff, and partner organizations to uplift the work of Progress Georgia’s grassroots partners. This is a full-time position funded for 12 months.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, sociology, psychology, political science, public policy, or other law and policy-related fields
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with sharp attention to detail
- This position can be remote, but preference will be given to Georgia-based candidates
- Research experience
- Thorough knowledge of the Georgia political landscape
- Flexibility to work on some evenings and weekends
We are seeking someone that:
- Is detail-oriented speciﬁcally to projects that may require rapid response or quick turnaround;
- Has an ability to digest information from a variety of sources, including quantitative data, press, media, and reports;
- Is naturally inquisitive and can spot areas in research that may beneﬁt from a deeper analysis;
- Exhibits a strong interest in progressive political communications;
- Is committed to social justice;
- Has experience working in Georgia (or within the South) strongly preferred;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong creative and analytical skills;
- A political junkie;
- Is bilingual (speaking both Spanish and English) preferred but not required;
- A forward, creative thinker and resourceful problem solver;
- A good communicator who can digest partners’ needs and produce an outcome aligned with their goals.
- Support the Research Associate with fact-based strategy and research to support the Progress Georgia team and the organization’s overall mission and goals.
- Aid in rapid response eﬀorts, fact-checking, and necessary daily updates.
- Monitor and track misinformation and disinformation related to Georgia politics.
- Assist the Research Associate with partner coordination and project management for Progress Georgia’s larger disinformation projects.
- Work with the Research Associate to develop streamlined communication with partner organizations regarding research priorities and support.
- Develop research plans and strategies for identiﬁed areas of need.
- Regularly produce reports on misinformation and disinformation in the media, from elected oﬃcials or candidates, and across social media at the direction of the Research Associate.
- Assist with gathering research for partner support systems.
- Other duties as assigned by the Research Associate.
Compensation and Time Commitment
Reports to: Research Associate
Based in: Atlanta, GA (this is a hybrid remote/in-person position)
Start date: Immediately
Travel: Some in-state and national travel may be required
Salary: $57,000 annually
Benefits: Medical & dental insurance; generous paid time off policy that includes holidays, annual leave and sick leave
To apply please submit a CV, cover letter and any relevant links to previous work to email@example.com. Once you submit this application, we will then contact you with instructions to submit a writing sample following our guidelines.
Progress Georgia celebrates our differences. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Women and Persons of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.