Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: September 26, 2022
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the websites and other online services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Progress Georgia (the “Sites”, “we” or “us”). By accessing and using the Services, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Services.
We may provide additional or different terms and conditions with respect to some of the Services (“Additional Terms”). If you use any Services with Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will apply to your use of such Services. If there is any conflict between these Terms and any Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control to the extent of such conflict.
We may update these Terms from time to time. If we make any changes to these Terms, we will notify you by revising the “Last Revised” date at the top of these Terms and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our website homepage or by sending you a notification). Unless otherwise indicated in our notice to you, any changes to these Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of the Services following our provision of such notice will confirm your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms, you must stop using the Services.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms or the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile Terms and Conditions
Progress Georgia is utilizing mass texting to engage with those who opt-in to receive text messages from the site. Progress Geogria Short Code and 10-digit number provides alerts and updates to subscribers on Abrams for Governor’s actions and initiatives, including volunteer opportunities and civic engagement alerts.
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup. When users opt-in to our service, you agree to the following: By signing up and entering my telephone number to receive site alerts, I consent to receive and authorize Progress Georgia to send (i) SMS text messages, (ii) prerecorded audio messages (including calls to cellular phones), or (iii) other communications sent by an autodialer to my mobile device with news and updates about the site and information.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to opt out of texts. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us.
If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported or you are experiencing issues with the messaging program, just text “HELP” for help, or you can get help directly by emailing our team at email@example.com. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will use mobile messaging to solicit volunteers, donations, and support for our organization.
Ownership and Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations and other content contained therein, are owned by Progress Georgia or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services for your own personal, informational, and noncommercial use. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
“Progress Georgia” and our logos, our slogans, our product or service names, and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of Progress Georgia and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
Modification or Termination of the Services
We reserve the right to modify the Services or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of the Services at any time and without prior notice to you. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use the Services.